Contact Windows Live Hotmail and Hotmail tech support Illinois USA
You can tell official answers by looking at the username: Windows Live Hotmail representatives have “Forum Moderator” below or “MSFT” or “Windows Live” in the name.
Contact Hotmail Support for Lost Passwords, Feedback and Suggestions
To recover a lost password, you can contact Windows Live Hotmail support using a different form. For general feedback and improvement suggestions, you can use yet another path.
(Updated April 2012)
- Check Windows Live Hotmail’s status for current issues.
- Microsoft may already be aware of a problem with Windows Live Hotmail and be working on a resolution.
- Go to the Windows Live Hotmail forum on Microsoft Answers.
- Click Sign in the top right corner if you are not yet signed into Microsoft Answers.
- If you are not logged into your Windows Live Hotmail account:
- Enter your Windows Live Hotmail address under Windows Live ID:.
- Type your Windows Live Hotmail password under Password:.
- Click Sign in.
- If you cannot sign into your Windows Live Hotmail account, you can try to recover your password or create a new, temporary, Windows Live account.
- If you have not created a Microsoft Answers profile yet:
- Enter the name you want to appear with your posts in the Windows Live Hotmail forum under Display Name:.
- Type your Windows Live Hotmail address (or another address where you want to receive optional notifications of replies to your question) under Email address:.
- Make sure I accept the Answers Code of Conduct is checked after you have read and accepted the code.
- Click Sign Up.
- Click Ask a question.
- Type the headline of your question—ideally a short summary—under Post your question to the community.
- Click Ask.
- Look under before you post your question… tab to see potentially helpful answers to similar questions.
- Fill in your problem and question under Details:.
- Include as much information as possible. If something comes to mind (a change at your internet service provider’s network infrastructure, for example, or a website that prompted you to install a program) and you think it must be insignificant, do list it.
- Make sure Hotmail, Messenger & SkyDrive is selected under Forum.
- Now make sure Hotmail is selected under Product.
- Pick the most appropriate category under Topic.
- Choose Yes Mobile under Mobile version? if your problem is with Windows Live Hotmail on the road; otherwise, make sure Not Mobile is selected.
- Leave Notify me when someone responds to this question checked to receive notifications at the email address you entered earlier.
- Click Submit.