How to Renew & Cancel Microsoft Office 365 Subscription
How to renew your Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal subscription
Renewing online at office.com/renew is the easiest way to renew an Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal subscription. You don’t need to go to the store, in-person or online.
Your subscription is set up to renew automatically in the future. If you prefer to renew manually, first complete the steps below and then turn automatic renewal off.
- Go to https://office.com/renew.
- Choose the subscription you want to renew and then choose one of the following:
Renew now to pay now for a full year of Office 365.
Renew with a monthly subscription for [x] per month to pay for a month at a time.
- Your Microsoft account can have only one active Office 365 subscription. If you order more than one subscription on https://office.com/renew and associate multiple subscriptions with the same Microsoft account, you’re extending the amount of time for that Microsoft account, not increasing the number of Office installs or amount of online storage you get. You can renew and extend the duration of an Office 365 subscription for a maximum of 5 years. For more information, see “Frequently asked questions” on https://office.com/renew.
- Want to switch to a different subscription when you renew? For example, do you want to switch from Office 365 Personal to Office 365 Home? Choose the subscription that you want to switch to. For more information about switching subscriptions, see Switch to a different Office 365 for home subscription.
- Review your shopping cart and choose Checkout.
- On the next page, sign in with the Microsoft account that you use with Office 365.
- Review your order and then choose Renew subscription.
Tip: If the payment method you have on file has expired, or you want to change it, choose Change. You can add a new payment method or edit the one you’ve used before.
- Choose Manage subscription to go to https://www.office.com/myaccount.
When you place your order, your payment method is charged right away, and the expiration date is extended for either a month or a year, depending on what you chose.
After you’ve renewed, in the future, your subscription will renew automatically and your payment method will be charged unless you cancel your subscription or turn off automatic renewal before the expiration date.
Renew using a product key that you bought in a store.
You can renew by going to a retail store, in-person or online, and be buying a subscription to Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal. You’ll receive a 25-character product key, which you can use to renew at office.com/setup.
Important: Your Microsoft account can have only one active Office 365 subscription. If you enter more than one product key at office.com/setup, you’re extending the amount of time for that Microsoft account, not increasing the number of Office installs or amount of online storage you get.
You can renew and extend the duration of an Office subscription for a maximum of 5 years. For more information, see “Frequently asked questions” on Office.com/renew.
- If you have a physical box or card, look inside for your 25-character product key.
If you didn’t get a physical box or card, check your email for a receipt that includes the product key.
The product key is a combination of letters and numbers in this format:
If you have a physical box or card, the product key might be concealed with silver foil, which you scratch off to reveal the product key.
- Go to https://office.com/setup and, if prompted, sign in using the Microsoft account that’s associated with your Office 365 subscription.
- Enter the 25-character product key. When selecting your country or region, we recommend that you choose the country or region where you live or do your banking.
- Follow the steps to complete the renewal process.
Your subscription is renewed and the new expiration date appears. To learn how to verify that your subscription has been renewed
Cancel Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal, or Office 365 University
How to cancel Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal, or Office 365 University
- Sign in to the https://account.microsoft.com/services page with the Microsoft account associated with your Office 365 subscription. We can help if you can’t remember the Microsoft account or password you use with Office.
- Look for the Cancel link or Expires on
If you see a Cancel link under the subscription name, select Cancel. You might be given the choice to get a refund for unused time.
If you choose to get a refund, the subscription will go into View Only or reduced functionality mode immediately. Otherwise, you’ll have access to your subscription until it expires.
If you don’t see an option to Cancel, you might have turned off automatic renewal and won’t receive additional charges.
You don’t need to cancel. Your subscription will end on the Expires on date.
If you don’t see an option to Cancel, and you see Paid with and None, your subscription will end on the Expires on a date. There’s no need to cancel because you won’t receive additional charges.
Need help? Contact @ 1-877-701-2611 toll-free